Getting a home sold for top dollar is the #1 priority for every home seller. Achieving that goal involves a lot more than just putting a “For Sale” sign on your yard or uploading a few random photos — especially if you’re trying to sell quickly and for the most cash.
So, before you put your house on the market, read these 6 Tips of the things you must do to be prepared. Some of these tips are fairly easy, while others might require a bit more time and effort. But the time, money and hassle you save in the end will be more than worth it.
6 Tips Before Selling A Home:
1. Meet with an experienced agent – An experienced agent can save you a lot of time and energy by guiding you through the pre-listing phase. They are there to serve you and help you avoid common errors home sellers make when they try to sell on their own or with an inexperienced agent.
2. Pre-qualify to buy – Get pre-qualified to buy your next home before putting your current one on the market. Working with a reputable mortgage pro will help you understand what you need to net for your current home and achieve your goals for the next one.
3. Price Correctly – Listing your home at the right market value is critical to selling within a reasonable time frame. Be cautious of making decisions based on valuations online. Read our previous posts about online valuations. Instead use your agent’s knowledge of the local area as the most reliable resource.
4. Pre-inspect – Home inspections are often where a home sale can go wrong. Material defects may need to be repaired prior to a buyer purchasing the home. Determine these potential fixes before you list, instead of during the negotiation process. You can present the buyer with a clean bill of health. A pre-inspection can also offer some peace of mind: Identifying whether there are any problems and avoid the suspense of waiting to hear back from the buyer’s home inspector about possibly expensive repairs that might be deemed necessary. If repairs are needed, keep these Do-it-yourself resources on hand to save money. Get Up to 40% off Special Deals and Offers from Home Depot.
5. De-Clutter – If your house is cluttered or filled with personal mementos, it’s more difficult for a buyer to imagine themselves living there. Placing large pieces of furniture or family photos in storage is worth the effort to help your home sell quicker.
6. Professional photography – Today, most home searches start online, and first impressions are critical. Make sure your real estate agent uses a professional photographer to show your home in the best light.
In addition to getting the best price for your home, working with an experienced agent who offers value beyond transaction support is another must-have for every home seller. Agents who have been certified by AdvantageU have proven expertise to get the job done right!